A Review of CES 2018
Andy Marken, Marken Communications
CES has grown beyond its consumer electronics roots and today is the largest collection of new, what’s coming next, unique, positively quirky products and services. This year it was an auto show, drone show, VR show, home improvement show, kid care show, entertainment show and yes, even a computer/communications device show.
Andy will be covering:
* What happens in the convention center when the lights go out
* Who has the strongest footing in all markets/applications…right now
* Highlights and options that are coming to the US from auto manufacturers around the globe…and when
* The neatest products at CES that you’ll say “I gotta have that!”
* New toys for your kids/grandkids and their ramifications
* The newest, sexiest TV screens that will take over you living/family room
* Who is delivering streaming entertainment content everywhere and how
* highlights of home technology/smart home products
* the bathroom that handles (almost) everything for you
* Is there anything new in computers and when does the Googleplex take over
* the generation of tomorrow’s content and where will you enjoy it
* what is taking care of the kids – young and old
We’ll be honest with you. This year Andy didn’t make the round of every hall, every booth because he’d still be there when 2019 rolled around if he tried. So this year his update will focus on the key product area highlights (from his perspective), great/unique trend products, outstanding stuff and WTF items. Bring your questions but don’t always expect a straight/honest answer because contrary to
popular belief sometimes even he can’t figure out what they were thinking but he’ll still focus on the future and trends of your computers/communications devices –
The meeting will be held at the Palo Alto Elks Lodge, 4249 El Camino Real, Palo Alto. We will be meeting in the Library/Card Room across the hall from the Lodge Room.
For those who enjoy the schmooze, we will have our regular meeting, including coffee and cookies.. And, of course, we will still have the no-host pre-meeting dinner st 5:30PM in the Bistro café on the first floor.
For those of you who have difficulties traveling or for whatever reason can’t join us at the Elks Lodge, the meeting will be broadcast as a live video conference using ZOOM software starting at 7:15 PST. To join the SPAUG meeting, use the following link: